THE WEI FORWARD™
FRESH, WHOLE FOOD
FRESH, WHOLE FOOD
CLEAN & TRANSPARENT
MADE FOR YOU
Our trained chefs cook our fresh, whole ingredients to order, and that’s why we can spend the time and take care to accommodate your preferences, whether it be flavor related or a dietary need. Want some heat? We can turn it up. All veg? We’ve got it. Gluten sensitive? Yup. One of our commitments is to have continued expansion, and with that comes accommodation of your dietary needs and preferences.
We offer a gluten free menu with several gluten-free dishes and options, including 6 rice bowls with several different gluten-free customization options.
Excludes airport, campus, and international locations.
A Call For Transparency
Our beliefs center around the need to demand transparency and allow consumers to make informed dining decisions. Allowing guests to know the ingredients in their food not only calls attention to its nutritional value, it also makes it easier for dietary preferences to be carefully accommodated.
We hope to affect more than your health with this information about your food, we want to empower you with a healthy peace of mind about it.
WEI BETTER ORANGE CHICKEN™
WEI VEGGIE ORANGE CHICKEN™
THE WEI FORWARD™ TIMELINE
- OCT 2018: Removed artificial flavors, ingredients and preservatives from 30% of our rice bowls. Moved to sriracha and soy sauce that are free of artificial ingredients. We have seven gluten-free and five vegetarian options. All of our rice bowls can be ordered with tofu or vegetables.
- DEC 2018: Removing artificial flavors, ingredients and preservatives in 68% of our rice bowls, bringing our gluten-friendly rice bowls to 46% of our menu by adding four more.
- Q3 2019: Moving to noodles that are free of artificial ingredients and preservatives.
- Q4 2019: Removing artificial flavors, ingredients and preservatives in 100% of our rice bowls.
- 2020: 100% of our menu free of artificial ingredients.
No Wei List™
- Artificial colors
- Artificial preservatives
- Artificial flavors
- Frozen vegetables
- Frozen ingredients
- Misleading claims
Yes Wei List™
- Fresh grass-fed steak
- Fresh white-meat chicken
- 23 fresh whole vegetables
- Whole-shell eggs
- Minimally processed
- Transparent about our improvements
FDA PETITION AND CHANGE.ORG–GET BEHIND THE CAUSE
Under current FDA regulations, restaurants don’t have to tell you if your meal has preservatives, artificial coloring or any other unappetizing ingredients. At Pei Wei, we just don’t think that’s right. We’re helping consumers make informed decisions about where they eat by launching a petition for restaurant transparency.
Find out more about our petition and pledge your support:
What is Panda Express hiding in their orange chicken? Click to find out!