Effective Date: October 27th 2016
The information that we may receive and collect from you depends on what you do when you visit our restaurants or websites or use our mobile applications (e.g., your name, email address, address, telephone number, or credit card information). You may provide us with additional personal information when you create an account and interact with our websites’ or mobile applications’ features and functionality. More info
We use tracking technologies such as cookies and similar technologies to measure usage during your visits to other websites and provide information and advertising that will be of most interest to you. More info
Third party ad networks may also use information gathered from your use of the services to serve targeted, interest based advertisements to you on third-party websites and mobile applications. More info
By interacting with us and using our services you agree that we may share your personal information and other information we collect with our affiliated companies, ad networks, social networks, our service providers and legal advisors, law enforcement, and others if there is a change of control, and otherwise as set forth in the Policy. More info
You can control whether you receive promotional communications from us. More info.
You may have the option to opt-out of receiving our analytics providers' cookies More info or third party cookies used for interest-based advertising. More info
You can change your information at any time by editing your online account. You can also ask us to modify information we have about your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or as otherwise set forth in the Policy. More info
We may notify you about material changes to this Policy by posting a new effective date on our websites. More info
Effective Date: October 27th 2016
This Policy describes how PFCB collects customer information and uses and shares the information collected. Under this Policy, “Information” means information, including personal information, collected from anywhere, including our restaurant locations in the contiguous United States, our websites at www.pfchangs.com and www.peiwei.com, and other websites where we post this Policy (collectively, the “Sites”), as well as our other mobile websites, mobile applications, services, tools, and other applications that link to this Policy (collectively, the “PFCB Applications”). This Policy also provides guidance on how to manage the Information that you provide to us. We provide this Policy to help you make an informed decision about whether to continue to access PFCB Applications or our services. This Policy should be read in conjunction with the Terms of Service located on our Sites, which is incorporated herein by reference.
Our goal is to collect and use only that Information that we think is required for our legitimate business interests, or that helps us to better understand your interests and improve your experience of using our Services.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information Collected Directly From You
- You can browse our Services without telling us your name or revealing other personal information about yourself. The information that we may receive and collect from you depends on what you do when you visit our restaurants or Services. For instance, if you create an account for online ordering, make reservations online or via our mobile applications, fill out customer comment cards, participate in a promotion, or join our customer loyalty programs or email lists, you give us your personal information. You may also give us your personal information when requesting that we contact you. For example, account information may include name, date of birth, email address, physical address, mobile number.
When you create an account or otherwise engage with our Services, you may provide certain additional information such as username and password. You may also provide payment information such as credit or debit card information, and name and billing address.
- Surveys and Promotions
- From time to time, we may receive Information from you via surveys or contests or sweepstakes. Participation in these surveys, contests or sweepstakes is completely voluntary. Contact information may be used to notify the winners, award prizes and file winners’ information as required by law. Survey information will be used for the purpose(s) of the survey.
- Content You Post
- The Services are designed to enable you to communicate with others; any information or content you post when participating with the Services and social media sites, plug-ins or other applications becomes public information, depending upon your privacy settings, and is subject to redistribution by PFCB and other third parties. There is no expectation of privacy when posting content or otherwise participating in such interactive forums and we have no control over how other users may use the information you make public. Therefore, you should exercise caution and discretion when disclosing your personal information in a public submission or posting.
- Information from Social Networks
- Mobile Information
- We may collect your zip/postal code and information regarding your mobile carrier, regional location and, if you opt in, Geo-location as described in Section 2 below. Data obtained from you in connection with mobile text (SMS) or push notification services may include your cell phone number, your carrier's name, the date, time and content of your messages and other information you provide to us.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- Operationally Necessary.
- We may use Tracking Technologies required for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, improve security or allow you to make use of our Services’ functionality.
- Performance Related.
- We may use Tracking Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to improve the content offered through the Services. We may use Tracking Technologies to tell us, for example, whether you have visited the Services before or if you are a new visitor and to help us identify the features in which you may have the greatest interest. We use Google to serve first party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookie) to report how our ad impressions, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Services. To learn about Google Analytics opt outs for the web or mobile, click here. To learn more about our other analytics providers’ or advertising services providers’ data collection practices click here.
- Targeting Related.
- We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on the Services and third-party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements or content as well as track the content you access. For more information on interest based advertising and your choices for opting out see Section 3 Targeted Advertising.
- Location and Geo-location Functionality.
- Information gathered from your use of the Services may be combined with information from third-party sources to identify your location by state and region ("Regional Location"). Certain of our mobile applications have search functionality that gathers aggregate location data about visitors who are in or near our restaurants, and when visitors opt in, allows us to collect information about their precise geographic location ( "Geo-location"). We may use GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or cell tower proximity to determine geo-location. If you agree to have your Geo-location collected, we may use and retain that precise location data to provide you with information about restaurants in your area or carry out marketing and other activities contemplated by our mobile applications and by this Policy. When you have Geo-location software running on your Device, we may only collect that information as controlled by your privacy settings on your Device. For most mobile Devices, you are able to withdraw your permission for PFCB to acquire this information on your location through the Device settings. If you have questions about how to disable your mobile Device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile Device service provider or the Device manufacturer.
3. TARGETED ADVERTISING
- Interest Based Advertising.
To serve our ads, we also use a variety of third-party advertising service providers, including networks, data exchanges, ad servers, analytics providers and others. These third parties may use Tracking Technologies to send directly to your Device the advertisements and marketing messages that appear on the Services. They automatically receive your Device identifier when this happens. Their tools may also limit the number of times you see the same ad and help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. These third parties may also use information gathered from your use of the Services to serve targeted, interest based advertisements to you on third-party websites and applications. The use of these Tracking Technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy. To learn more about our other advertising services providers’ data collection practices click here
Google and some of the advertising service providers we use may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies. If you opt out of receiving targeted ads in this manner, you will continue to receive advertising messages, but they will not be customized to you based on your use of the Services and third-party websites. If you would like more information about advertisers’ use of tracking technologies and about your option not to accept them, you can go to www.networkadvertising.org. To learn more about how interest-based information is collected, whether the companies we use are part of an industry network regarding behavioral advertising, or to know your choices about not having information used in this manner, you can go to www.aboutads.info.
You can also prevent your receipt of interest-based ads from us on websites by deleting and declining cookies in your browser(s). Please note that the opt-out is cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer or mobile application, and browser or operating system, on which the opt-out is applied. Some newer mobile device operating systems allow you to limit the use of information to deliver interest-based advertising in mobile applications. You can check the settings on your device for such options in your devices’ operating system.
- Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
- Some third-party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites, which are automatically applied by default and therefore do not necessarily reflect our visitors’ choice as to whether they wish to receive advertisements tailored to their interests. As a result, we do not respond to these signals.
4. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Our Use of Customer Information
- We may use Information that we collect about you: (1) to respond to your requests; (2) to fulfill orders or reservations made by you; (3) to send you special offers for our restaurant services that may be of interest to you; (4) to provide customer service; (5) to administer a contest, sweepstakes or promotion or our customer loyalty programs; (6) to provide information to third parties at your request; (7) to improve our Services and to customize your experience; (8) for internal business purposes; and (9) for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Information, or as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
- Service Providers
- We may disclose Information to our third-party service providers in order to monitor the activity of PFCB Applications, conduct surveys and administer contests or sweepstakes, send marketing communications, and provide Services to you, such as to fulfill gift card orders (U.S. Postal Service, Canada Post, or other delivery companies we or you select) and provide customer service.
- Analyze and Aggregate Non-Personal Information
- We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze the PFCB Applications and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports which we may share with third parties.
- Process Payments
- Information may be disclosed to process credit card transactions, which are handled by established third-party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the Information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process your order. In addition, we may disclose Information to third parties to verify the authenticity of any financial transaction involving our company or its subsidiaries or to update your billing information.
- Communicate With You and Third Parties at Your Request
- We use your Information to contact you about your orders, reservations or other requests, as described at the time when we collect the Information, or to contact you for other purposes authorized by law.
- Mobile Data
- When you access PFCB Applications on a mobile Device, we may use the Information collected for any purpose set forth in this Policy. For example, we may use this Information to provide you with location-based services, such as locally based search results, and other personalized content.
- Promotional Communications
- Unless you “opt out” of receiving such messages, we may use your address, email address and mobile phone number to send you updates and communications about our products and services or other promotional communications, such as newsletters, changes to our menu or restaurants or special offers (“Promotional Communications”). If you wish to opt out of receiving Promotional Communications or change your preferences for Promotional Communications, you may follow the instructions in Section 5 (Access to and Managing Your Information) set forth below.
- Transactional/ Administrative Communications.
- We may use your Information to send you notices from time to time including confirmations or Service-related or administrative communications; for instance, if our Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, or the delivery of a Service is delayed, or there are policy changes.
- Co-branded Areas
- Information from Other Sources.
- The Information we collect may be combined with information from outside records (e.g., demographic information, navigation information, and additional contact information) that we have acquired in accordance with the law. We may also acquire Information from other sources about your visits over time and across other third-party websites, in order to serve more targeted advertising to you on the Services.
- Legal Matters; Safety
- We may, without your consent, access and disclose your Information, any communications sent or received by you, and any other information that we may have about you or your account as may be permitted or required by law (including, but not limited to, court order or subpoena), or to prevent or investigate suspected fraud, violations of our Terms of Service, or activity that appears to us to be illegal or may expose us to legal liability. Additionally, we may disclose your Information if we believe that it in any way relates to a situation that we believe may involve potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets
- If P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc., or any of its affiliates or businesses, is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, personal information of our users may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction. Information about our customers and users of our PFCB Applications may also need to be disclosed in connection with a commercial transaction where we or any one of our businesses are seeking financing, investment, or funding.
5. ACCESS TO MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
We believe it is important for you to be able to access and manage the Information you have provided to us and make choices about how it is used. To inquire about or update your Information, “opt out” of receiving future Promotional Communications, or change your preferences, you may take the following measures:
- To change your profile information and preferences:
- Contact us as described in Section 6 (Questions or Comments) set forth below; or
- Log onto our Sites using your online account
- To “opt out” of receiving Promotional Communications:
- For emails, follow the “opt out” instructions in promotional emails we send to you; or
- For text messages, text STOP to CHANGS (242647) (for P.F. Chang’s messages) or text PWSTOP to 80565 (for Pei Wei messages)
If you request any changes in the Information we have in your account, we will endeavor to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably possible; please note that changes requested of us may not be effective immediately and until that change takes effect, you may still receive or not receive Promotional Communications from us. We may maintain Information for archival or other internal business purposes.
Please note that if you “opt out” of receiving Promotional Communications, you may still receive transactional communications from us, including order confirmations or other administrative information. Unless required by law, we are not responsible for informing third parties with whom we have already shared your information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities.
6. IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES, PRACTICES AND CONTACT INFORMATION
- Links to Other Sites
- Our Sites may utilize hyperlinks to access external or third-party sites, which are not controlled by us and, therefore, are not subject to this Policy. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of those third-party sites to determine how the proprietors of those sites will utilize your personal information.
- We implement security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under our control. However, no system can guaranty that there will never be unauthorized access to your Information, and your use of PFCB Applications indicates that you are willing to assume this risk. Nevertheless, credit card security is a high priority and we use SSL encryption software when collecting and transmitting your billing information to our payment processors. If you prefer, we are happy to accept your payment over the phone or in person when you visit one of our restaurants. If you wish to purchase a gift card over the phone, please call us toll free at 1-866-732-4264 and indicate that you wish to purchase a gift card without any information being submitted over the Internet.
- What You Need to Do to Protect Your Information
- There are several measures you can take to protect your Information. One option is simply not to volunteer it to us. As stated above, this approach would allow you to still visit our restaurants or access PFCB Applications; however, you will not be able to use all of our Services, including online ordering, purchases, and reservations. The Federal Trade Commission’s site, www.ftc.gov, also offers useful information about how to protect personally-identifiable information provided online or through mobile applications.
- Children’s Privacy
- Services are targeted for use by adults. We do not currently market to or create special areas for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 years. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information to us, we will delete the child’s personally identifiable information from our files to the extent technologically possible.
- No Rights of Third Parties
- This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties or require disclosure of any personal information relating to users of our PFCB Applications or our Services.
- Any dispute over our use of your Information or privacy is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the laws of the United States and the State of Arizona.
- Questions or Comments
- If you have any questions or comments concerning this Policy, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc.
Attn: Guest Relations Manager
7676 East Pinnacle Peak Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
When contacting us, please include your full name, address, phone number and email address and indicate the specific nature of your request.
Copyright © 2016, P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. All rights reserved.